Monday, March 22, 2010

Red in a sea of white.

I know I'm different, i don't need a book or anyone else to tell me that. I don't find clothes that are long enough, I don't party, I don't drink, I don't have sex, I don't do drugs, I don't.........

Is it because I'm weird, am i abnormal? Or is it my better judgement? I mean i had the opportunity to do all those things. But I choose not to. Does that make me a coward, a freak. You could call me a "Plain Jane," but then you don't really know me. Because in subjects i lack in, i make up in different areas. Yeah i don't party, but i can draw (can you?). I don't have sex, but I'm undoubtedly honest to people. I don't do drugs, i have remarkable self-control. I don't drink, because i can wait.

Everyone is suppose to be unique right? Well then why is everyone trying to be the same, to be normal? What is normal? Can someone honestly put a definition in that, can you find it in a book?

Didn't think so.

I will not be defined, by anyone. Yet people still judge me, i can tell. Yeah I've been offered a drink, but when i said no, they tell me why not, i reply that i don't want any. then they give me the "look," the goody-goody look. Sometimes it doesn't bother me. But yet i can't help but doubt myself.

I'll be 21 when i graduate from college, with a degree in Accounting. Do you think by then everyone will stop judging?? I hope so......

2 comments: