Monday, March 22, 2010

Jessica's Bridal Shower

March 20, 2010

The BRIDE:

The day got off to a bumpy start. Why? It started to rain!! Is that a big deal? PSH! yeah, it was an outside party.

Approximately, at 9 o'clock i started putting the decorations up. Reinforcements came (Tia Anna, Annie & Victoria) to help chop food to make chicken & tuna sandwiches. Later my mom joined us. Of course my father was still there helping setting up the tables, and getting ice, you know, manly stuff. Finally, at 12:30 (approximately) we finished chopping. It was time to eat lunch, and get semi ready. We ended up ordering Pizza, I ate it up quickly because me and my cousin Annie needed to leave to pick up the cake.

When we arrived it was time, to start mixing the stuff for the chicken & tuna sandwiches. Assembling and chopping them as well. (Whoop De Do) As we were almost done, i was forced to go and do my hair. Why? Their (Jessica, Annie, Victoria, and my mother) reason was because my dress was too pretty to wear it in a pony-tail. So that's what i did. I put half a thing of moose and some hair spray (still it wasn't enough, I have thick and long hair). But it got them to stop bossing me. I went outside to help set up, while the rest got ready. My turn to get dressed, i put on my pretty red heels, but later i realized, i should've waited to put my shoes on. So i kicked them off, and walked barefoot until everything was outside. (except the food)

The turn out was low (about 16 people showed up from the 70 invites we sent). Later we found out that people forgot & also got lost. (Which seems weird, because we included a map and a number to call in case they got lost)
I think what made it better was that our 2 cousins (Annie & Victoria) & 2 friends (Joana & Ma Jackson) are very out-going. And plus, we all looked good. :D

Overall, it was a good day. If you can "conceive" that. LOL

2 comments:

  1. Stupid weather! GOSH! I'm really happy some people showed up at all. It was nice to prep everything with the family. I like the family time, and sometimes I wish we had more of that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! Lovely bridal shower. I really liked preparations. It all reminded me of my sister’s bridal shower at one of San Francisco event venues. There all my family and some close friends were there who helped a lot in making this day memorable.

    ReplyDelete