Thursday, March 25, 2010

I am AUDREY hear me ROAR!

(Apologies if this turns into a rant)

I'm a shy girl, i admit that. Sometimes (majority of the time) I let people walk all over me. I let people make some decisions for me. I hate confrontation, I avoid it when I can. When I argue with someone, I immediately start to cry. Sure that may seem like a sign of weakness. But can you guess how much strength it takes to hold in your emotions every single day. To cry when your alone. To yell at the sky when no one can hear you.

I've been hearing "advice" (Strong opinions as i like to call it) from my sister, her friends, and my parents about my relationships for a good while now. I know they probably mean well. But honestly who are they to be telling me anything. Any of them, I'm quiet most of time, when I'm not being funny or loud. And I'm not confused about everything, I sit, I observe. I probably know more about my family then they do about me. (My opinion, not a fact)

Today it bugged me really bad, when my sister told me about something her friend said about a boy i DID like. I ask you, how did he know I liked this boy. I certainly didn't tell him. But yet they form their own opinions. Well to you all my sisters friends, you don't know me. I don't know you. So what makes you think that you have the right to have an opinion on my life. (And this isn't the first time) Yes i may be the little sister to one of your closest friends, but that means nothing. It gives you nothing. When i want your advice/opinion I'll ask for it.

Its funny though, on all my relationships everyone has had an opinion. Except for one. The one where i need someone. The one i need someone to help me through. But i just sat there and took the blows. I sat in the classroom, where everyone knew everything. Where were the opinions then?!?!?

I'm 19 years old. And I like being alone. How many people can admit that?!? Yeah sometimes i get lonely, but I'm not one to look back and regret.

"To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting."
-E.E. Cummings, 1955
"It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are."
-E.E. Cummings

No comments:

Post a Comment