Thursday, April 8, 2010

HACU Internship.

First i had applied for an internship with the GAO over there is Washington D.C., unfortunately i didn't get it. So i had given hope, thinking i was gonna be stuck here....forever. But an employee from Deloitte came to talk to my Tax class....i was intrigued...especially since he mentioned about him wanting to work with HACU (Hispanic Association of College and Universities), to get more people working and in their particular fields. So i went to HACU's website, and what do you know! i found that they were still taking applications for Summer 2010. So i quickly jumped on board. And then it was time to wait....and wait....wait...Again with the waiting....WILL IT NEVER END!!!

On March 29th, i received a phone call from a representative in Maine who wanted to schedule an Interview with me, regarding my application with HACU.




Augusta, Maine



OMG! it was finally happening. A couple days past and another call came! This time from Kansas City, also wanting to schedule an interview.

Kansas City, Missouri

If the time came, I'm not sure which one i would decide. About two days ago, another call came, from Detroit!! However, they weren't asking for an interview, they were offering me the internship! just like that.

Detroit, Michigan

Now there is a city! And a plus, its closer to my old sister, Christina, and her family. Of course i will be away from my sister, Jessica, and my dad. But isn't that what growing up means. To become your own person. I'm excited for the possibilities. I can't wait. I'm jumping in my seat...well not literally...because then people will give me that look i give people when they do something weird. LOL.


Hint: I think I'm leaning more to going to Detroit. I hope everything works out! :D Wish me LUCK! Oh yeah! All the internships are with the Department of Veterans Affairs. (of course in their Accounting department, I KNEW THERE WAS MORE than just become a CPA!) :D

1 comment: