Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Hello from Bolingbrook!

Yes, i am not longer in the valley. (Thanks to my mama) She paid for my trip to Chicago (more specifically Bolingbrook) to visit the Royer Family. So that's where i am now. I've been here for a little more over a week. And so its so calm here. There isn't much for me here to do. But the atmosphere itself is so different compared to the valley. I get my little taste of distance from the valley. and i like it. Although i wouldn't want to be this far away from my family. (that's why i tell myself San Antonio is the closet i will get to the valley).

This weekend (4th of July weekend)....I went to a birthday party with Jack. And to be truthful i thought i would be bored. But Jack kept me entertained...and i met some nice people. I ended up going back to Dawn's house (Casey's sister-in-law) and met some of her neighbors. Its kinda funny....it was like "Desperate Housewives". We then went to Olive Garden for dinner...it was a girls night out. It was Dawn, Dawn's friend, Christina, and me. It was meant to be a surprise..us going to go see Twilight Saga: Eclipse. However, i kind expected it. It is after all Christina we are talking about. It was a good movie.

During the movie however, there was an incident with this man. (out of 200 girls there were like 2-4 guys) were they had to stop the movie and get medical assistance. So we waited...and being girls we wanted to know what happened. Some women behind us even wanted to take pictures....now that's just crossing the line a bit. The movie continued.....and then it was time to go our separate ways.....Tina talked about the movie (compared it to the book) on the ride home.

The next day we traveled back to Dawn's house for dinner. ( I wore my Journey shirt...which Casey automatically started singing "Don't stop believing" and Keith & Terri (Casey's brother....Keith's neighbor) were kinda surprised that i knew about them... i did have to clarify that i liked them before Glee) I find it amazing that even though I'm no where related to Casey's family....they still treat me as family. Joking back and forth and getting my opinion on things. It was nice. Jack tried to learn how to ride a two-wheeler....he didn't get it...but I'm positive he will try again. We spend the night watching fireworks...i was a little surprised that its illegal for anyone to pop fireworks...Ha like that would stop anyone.

Forth of July. We went to Casey's step-sisters house......and its pretty far.....it was......ok....I got to meet Grandma Royer. she is the sweetest!! she told me to stay at home...to continue living with my dad. They were getting a little confused about the fact that me and Tina had different fathers. But we cleared it up.

Yesterday (Tuesday) i went for a jog and heard this alarm in town......i learned that the first Tuesday of every month they test the tornado alarm. Well I'm glad that was cleared up. I'm not sure what this trip will include...but i will definitely make the best of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment