Friday, July 23, 2010

Movie Reviews

So since I've been here, I've seen 3 movies.

(1) the Twilight Saga: Eclipse


I saw this one with Christina (of course), Dawn, and Dawn's neighbor. I liked it! But then again i love the books so I'm a little biased. They left some parts out, but like every book turned movie they kinda have to. But they added more lines for Jackson Rathbone (who plays Jasper) and we got his and Rosalie's (played by Nikki Reed) back story. but overall they were true to the store. The cinematography was different compared to the other two. Like in Twilight it looked like cloudy and not really focused. In New moon, they were bright lights and colors. This one was kinda dark, very dark colors. But it was just the director. Oh well, point is i liked this movie :D
(2) Despicable Me


In 3D with Casey, Jack, and Grandma Wendy. I laughed! it was cute and funny the minions were the funniest. A lot of famous people, I have no complaints against this movies. Good plot. In 3D it was awesome, as seen in the trailer there is a rollar coaster involved. And in 3d it feels like your actually on it, it was pretty cool. I'm not sure if i would buy it though.......idk maybe.


(3) The Last Airbender

This was a "Surprise" movie (for Jack) with Tina and Casey. I'm a fan of the cartoon. And i gotta say, the movie didn't do it justice. I for one I didn't like how they pronounce the names....it got on my nerves. And they made it seem that the "firebenders" couldn't do anything unless they were around fire (like it was impossible to make fire out of nothing) not like the cartoon at all. Ok the show is split up into three books (with various number of chapters).......i applaud them for making a movie out of the cartoon but couldn't they still stay a little close to the plot.
Point is Jack liked it, so did Tina (but Tina likes any movies, even if she denies it....she does)
My ranking of the three......
1st: Eclipse
2nd: Despicable me
3rd: The Last airbender




No comments:

Post a Comment