Friday, May 14, 2010

Trip to Austin, Texas

I would like to, again, apologize for my absence. You see its finals week @ UTPA, luckily one of my finals was a week before my other finals. for i was only stuck with four exams instead of five. But still, it kept me busy.

Any who, during my dead days we (my sister, my brother-in-law, and myself) decided to visit Austin. Of course with a purpose, to see my sister's BFF bassoon recital. We decided to leave Wednesday afternoon. Along the way i was amazed....why?????



They are building an expressway!!! in Falfurrias!!! [you may ask why am i amazed] I am amazed because I've passed by Falfurrias a hundred times [during my life] and it was always just plain. But now!!! its growing, and no more going 30 or 35 mph anymore! [well at least til they are done].

We ended up arriving in Austin around 10:30. We made it to ....around the area where my cousin lives. . [turns out that she put a 26 instead of 23 on the street name...and that makes a difference] we finally found it!!! and a free parking spot....TIME FOR BED!!! :D

We woke up....semi-early...and headed to Kerby Lane.



The sign outside

Mi Sister & My brother-in-law



My omelet - The DENVER Omelet w/ fresh fruit and sourdough toast


I was fascinated with the jelly



Next stop: Mount Bonnell [which was hiking and looking at the lucky people who had a house by the lake]
Then it was time for dinero!!! so we were in search of a wells Fargo. ALAS we found one. that was by Congress [which we were gonna head to anyways] however, it turned out we were on the wrong side of congress...we were in north congress....we needed to go to south congress.. But we ended up walking around anyways. Ended up walking on 6th street. [which is nothing special ....during the day]. We found this music store, however, we were a little disappointed [well at least i was] that they didn't carry alot of Journey merchandise. But oh well...my sister did find a gift for her BFF, it was a little miniature bassoon that stood on its own. and a bumper sticker that says "Tune it or Die"
We finally made it to the Congress in which we meant to go. Visited to store "Monkey see monkey do" & "The candy shoppe" [where i finally got candy...last time i didn't...which is a BIG WOW for me] We ended up going to Magnolia's Cafe it was delicious BUT it was so much FOOD!!!






It was then time to attend Danny's recital [fyi that's the name of my sister's BFF :D]


Watch it here:
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1335880592&v=app_2392950137&ref=profile#!/video/video.php?v=1453686785589



the rest of the day concluded with us going to HEB to get some beverages....and eating PLUCKERS!!! [Yum ...now I'm totally craving it] Overall i was a good mini-vacay. :D




FYI - i don't like taking pictures [of myself]...i am the picture taker.

No comments:

Post a Comment